Used Engines Warranty
J-Spec Auto Sports prides itself on offering engines of excellent quality. All our engines pass a Multi-point Inspection & Compression test to ensure great quality engines. We only ship engines with positive compression test results.
LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
LIMITED WARRANTY OFFERED BY J-SPEC AUTO SPORTS INC.
J-Spec Auto Sports warrants that every used engine sold by J-Spec Auto Sports will be in a serviceable condition, having regard to the nature of used engines, for the duration of time after the date of sale according to the following applications:
- Used Replacement Engines - 60 Days (Unless otherwise specified on the sales receipt).
- Used Performance Engines - 30 Days (Unless otherwise specified on the sales receipt).
- Rotary Engines(Mazda RX-7 13BT/13BTT/20B ) - No Warranty
- All Electrical/Electronic Parts - No Warranty
- Used Performance Transmissions - No Warranty
- Used Replacement Transmissions - 30 Days (Unless otherwise specified on the sales receipt).
- ALL VEHICLES ARE SOLD AS-IS. NO WARRANTY
ITEMS AND CONDITIONS COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY
- All internal engine parts including: pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, seals, guides, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms and shafts. The engine block, cylinder walls and cylinder head are also warranted to be free of cracks or distortion.
- Head gaskets are warranted for 30 days only, irrespective of the application as stated in Section (A).
- J-Spec Auto Sports reserves the right to repair with rebuilt or serviceable used parts, or exchange the engine at its own discretion and determination.
- Any issues must be shared to J-Spec Auto by email to [email protected]
ITEMS NOT COVERED:
- All external parts attached to the engines, e.g., intake and exhaust manifolds, carburetors, distributor, starter, emission control devices, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, oil pan, valve cover, sensors, electronic parts(distributor, wires, Computers, injectors, etc.), drive shafts, engine mounts, half shaft, etc.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- The cost of labor required to remove and install a repaired or exchanged engine to the vehicle.
- Loss caused by the engine being improperly installed.
- Towing charges and/or freight or delivery charges.
- Loss caused by overheating. The warranty does not cover oil leaks, blown head gasket or any other engine damage due to overheating caused by poor water circulation, clogged radiator, stuck thermostat or a faulty water pump, etc.
- Decrease in performance of any covered part due to normal wear and tear (unless actual breakdown occurs), having regard to inherent manufacturing faults in some engine models.
- Loss caused by any modification or use of the engine for which it was not originally designed.
- The engine if it is used for competitive driving or racing.
- Loss caused by the failure of a part or parts of the engine that are not covered by this limited warranty.
- Tune-ups and adjustments, filters, hoses, belts, lubricants, coolants, emission control devices, spark plugs, tune-up parts, etc.
- Deterioration or pre-ignition damage.
- Repairs performed without prior authorization from J-Spec Auto Sports.
- Loss caused by defective timing belt. A brand new timing belt must be installed.
- Loss caused by modification or forced induction (NOS, Turbo, Supercharged) for which the engine was not designed.
- Failure due to accident or collision.
- Vehicle is found under manufacturer's recall.
- Part is installed in a vehicle other than the manufacturer's specification or intended vehicle.
- Failure due to fire, theft, vandalism, acts of terror, explosion, lightning, earthquake, hurricane, water damage, freezing or any other environmental conditions.
- Vehicle was operated for prolonged period of time after the part's failure.
LIMITATION OF DURATION
- Repairs or exchanges will not extend this limited warranty beyond the described term on this form (Item A).
- This limited warranty is in lieu of any and all other expressed warranties of J-Spec Auto Sports. Any warranty implied is limited to the duration of this limited warranty. J-Spec Auto Sports does not assume or authorize any person to assume on its behalf any other obligation of liability.
- J-Spec Auto Sports will not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages arising from loss of use, loss of time, inconvenience, or commercial loss, or any other consequential damage or loss.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
- All warranty claims must be initiated via email with precise explanation of an issue. Additional documentation may be required.
- The customer is responsible for all the freight charges on the return of defective engines and no replacement engine will be sent until our staff have inspected and verified the returned defective engine in question. If the engine is defective, J-Spec Auto Sports will ship out a replacement engine. If the engine is not defective the customer will pay all shipping charges to ship the engine back to the customer.
- The engine MUST be returned in the same condition it was sent, all missing parts will be charged to the customer.
- In the event that the wrong and/or defective engine is not returned to J-Spec Auto Sports within 60 days after a replacement engine is sent to our customer, the customer will be charged the full amount of the engine, plus all freight charges.
Engines complete with accessories may not comply with the emission control laws of the state in which it is being sold or used. State and/or federal authorities require that you change over the emission devices from your old engine to the engine you are installing to make it comply. The add-on parts on the engine sold by J-Spec Auto Sports are left attached for testing purpose only, for your convenience and are free of charge. The purchase price represents the cost of the long block only (i.e. cylinder head and short block only).
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS VOIDS THE WARRANTY.
- Replace engine oil to manufacturer's suggested levels.
- Replace oil filter.
- Replace gaskets (valve cover, oil pan & rear main seal)
- Inspect and replace (if needed) new timing belt/chain
- Replace thermostat and water pump
- Flush cooling system and refill with antifreeze to appropriate level.
- Install new spark plugs, new belts and hoses
- Change the oil after the first 600 miles and at recommended service intervals thereafter
- Service the vehicle at proper intervals as per manufacturer's guidelines
- Check the flexplate for cracks or excessive wear on the starter teeth.
- Replace oil pan gasket, front and axle seals and replace filter (if applicable).
- Flush & inspect transmission cooling lines. Follow manufacturer's recommendations.
- Properly align torque converter (Automatic Transmission Only)
- Finish installation of the transmission. When finished, add transmission fluid to manufacturer's specifications. Start the engine and add more TF immediately. Additional fluid can now be added until the transmission reads FULL on the dipstick.
- Reset control module codes.
- Adjust throttle position sensor cable.
- All sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.
- No Deposit refunds.
- Orders can be cancelled if they have not been shipped.
- A $25.00 fee will apply to cancelled orders paid by check.
- All refused/returned orders will be charged 20% of the invoice amount for restocking fees plus all freight charges to return the item to our warehouse.
Condition of Used Engines
These are used engines which have been in use for 20,000-90,000 miles (depending on the year of manufacture) and are not brand new. There may be small scratches on the engine because it is used. There may also be fragile plastic, metal or rubber parts that could possibly bend or break during shipping. These parts can be replaced with parts from your original engine or bought from a local used auto parts store.
**Know what you are buying. Buyer must determine the fitment if it is not stated.**